"Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to, only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer"
-Adam Smith-Isn't it interesting how we are often experienced with difficulties in making purchase decisions? But then again, the advertising overload can so much as manipulate you to spend that last $20 in your wallet on something you weren't even intending to purchase while you're out shopping for milk and bread.
My name is Aliasghar, (pronounced Alee-uss-ghur- I get a lot of crap about how my name can be pronounced in various ways; story of my life!) and this blog is intended to complete my Consumer Behaviour assignment. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy writing this blog because I've been ranting about starting one since forever. I've just always wanted to reach out to the society and express my experiences as a consumer in hopes that someone would comment regarding one of their very own experiences, ideas or thoughts.
Let me elaborate on my personal profile; I'm from Nairobi, Kenya and for your information, it is located in Africa. I've heard people comment that they thought it's near Hawaii, Sri-Lanka and even Beijing. Who knew geography was such a problem?
Moving on, I'm studying Bachelors of Commerce with a concentration in Marketing at Carleton University, Ottawa.
I've come to Canada to challenge my ability to function independently and explore my capabilities and oh boy was I in for a shock when I experienced my first winter. Trust me, it's a drastic change when you've enjoyed the tropical climate for 20 years of your life.
I'm hoping hat this blog will allow me to engage with people interested in sharing their knowledge in the business industry and hopefully I can entertain you with my experiences.
Stay tuned and Hakuna Matata!

No comments:
Post a Comment